Just Like android and iOS Emulators PCSX4 is a PS4 Emulator that helps us to play PS4 Games on our Windows PC and macOS.
If you don’t have the PDIX then there is no use in Installing this PCSX4 on your PC, but if you can manage that file anyhow you can play PS4 Games using this PS4 Emulator on your PC.
Games Offer:- Get 100+ PC Games for Free with Xbox Gaming Pass Read More.
Is [PCSX4] PS4 Eumlator Legal to Use?
Not much sure about the legality of PS4 Emulators but this PCSX4 emulator is not fully open source.
Even though you can install this Emulator for free You need to share your PDIX and each game in sync with the Play Station servers.
PCSX4 has added the disclaimer for their end and they really do protect the policies of Playstation and if anybody tries to play Pirated games their PCSX4 id gets banned.
PCSX4 – Download PS4 Emulator
- License: OpenSource
- Require: PS4 Account
- For Windows: .net framework 3.5 and VC++2015 Required
- Size: 59MB [Windows]/69MB [MAC OS]
- Last beta update: 08/19/2021 [Windows/MAC]
System Requirement for PCSX4 Emulator:
Please check if Your PC is having the following configuration then only it can handle the PS4 Emulator and to play high-end PS4 Games on your PC please use Recommended Specifications.
Minimum System Requirements for PS4 Emulator:
- CPU: Intel/AMD – 3.6GHz 4 core 4 thread
- GPU: Nvidia/AMD 4GB DDR5 (eg. GeForce GTX 970 or Radeon R9-290X)
- RAM: 8GB RAM
- Storage: HDD
- OS: Windows 7/8.1/10 OR macOS 10.11.6 and above
- Other: .net framework 3.5, VC++2015 & DirectX 9.1
Recomended System Requirements for PS4 Emulator:
- CPU: Intel/AMD – 4.0GHz 6 core 6 thread
- GPU: Nvidia/AMD 6GB DDR6 (eg. GeForce GTX 1660 or 1660 Super)
- RAM: 16GB RAM
- Storage: SSD
- OS: Windows 7/8.1/10 OR macOS 10.11.6 and above
- Other: .net framework 3.5, VC++2015 & DirectX 11.1
How to Install PCSX4 and Play PS4 Games on PC?
If you go to the download page of PCSX4 and scroll down there you will find a detailed guide to install and configure your PS4 Emulator and play games.
If in case any PS4 is not compatible with this emulator you can Report Here. And also check the PS4 Games Compatibility with this PS4 Emulator.
Here is one short guide to Install and Setup the PCSX4 Emulator:
- First, download the latest version of PCSX4 Click here
- Extract the Zip file and open the setup file.
- Install the Setup and Copy the PDIX file in Location: PCSX4 -> pdix
- Now Register with PCSX4 and Link the .pdix file with PCSX4.
- After successful Validation of pdix file, you can play any PS4 Game
- Insert the PS4 Game Disk and Install the Game Cache.
- Enjoy your PS4 Game on PC using PCSX4 – PS4 Emulator.
If you don’t understand the short procedure of installing and playing PS4 Games in the PCSX4 Emulator then follow this detailed Guide Step by Step.
Step 1: Download and Install the Setup
The very first and simple step to do is download and Install this PS4 Emulator from its official website.
This file will take 60 MB of data and you need to extract this zip file to find the PCSX4.exe file and start the installation.
Step 2: Register with New Account
The Next Step is to Register with New Account on PCSX4 where you Id and game progress will be stored. This is mandatory and you can not use this Emulator without your account.
Step 3: Validate your PDIX with PCSX4
Now the second most important work Download your PDIX file from the PS4 browser. Either you can use your own ps4 or find it online.
But to Play PS4 Games using this PS4 Emulator on Your PC you will need this .pdix File.
Using the Link below download your Pdix file and then copy it to the location shown in the image below.
Visit this link using your PS4 browser: https://pcsx4.com/extract-pdix
upload your PDIX file in the PCSX4 Emulator and then validate it.
Step 4: Insert PS4 Game CD and Install Games
Now the setup has finished and you can insert your PS4 Games CD and copy the game in Cache form.
Once You copy the game go to Emulator -> Open saved Cache -> Select the Game.
Watch This Video – How to Setup the PCSX4 Emulator after installation:
PS4 Emulator Key mapping – PCSX4
This Emulator supports dual controllers, which means you can use the keyboard as well as a Mouse for Shooting games.
But for this, you have to configure your PS4 Controller with Keyboard and Mouse Keys that is Key Mapping.
The video above can help you in a better way. Please watch it. To Change Controller Settings go to Preference -> Controller -> Controller Configuration and change the settings as you need.
Do you Know? – You can play PUBG Mobile on PC without using Emulator
The PCSX4 – PS4 Emulator supports:
Here are some operating systems, CPU, and GPU that you need to have to use this PS4 Emulator on your PC.
Supported OS by PCSX4
Windows users need to install .net framework 3.5, VC++2015 & DirectX 11.1 platform update
- PCSX4 Supports Windows 7/8.1/10 and macOS 10.11.6 and above.
Supported CPU by PCSX4
- INTEL: Core-i5 3xxxand later
- AMD: FX-41xx and later
Mandatory GPU for PCSX4:
To get 1080p 60FPS resolution gaming use GeForce GTX 970 or Radeon R9-290X.
- Nvidia: GeForce GTX 660 or higher
- AMD: AMD Radeon 7870 or higher
Supported MacBooks by PCSX4:
- MacBook Pro: late-2016 or newer with dedicated GPU.
- Mac Pro: late-2013 or newer
- iMac Pro: late-2017 or newer
- iMac: mid-2017 or newer
If you have any further queries or doubt about using this PS4 Emulator and its Legality you can read the PCSX4 Faq Page and get more ideas about it.