Welcome desi WhatsApp in India, Yes Indian Government has publically launched the Sandes App WhatsApp rival in India.
This app is also known as GIMS – Government Instant Messaging Service developed by NIC – National Informatics Center.
What is Sandes App?
Sandes App is an Instant messaging App developed by NIC India, for Government Officials and the Public. This App supports Android, iOS, and Web versions.
Note: Even if this is an Indian Messanger App anyone over the world can use it by signing up with your Mobile Number and OTP.
Also Read:- How to download Diksha App on PC?
The Web Version is known as Screen Cast and is only available for Government Officials of India. So if you want to use this App on a PC you need Android Emulator on your PC. OR maybe an Android OS on your PC.
Sandes App Play Store Download Link for Mobile
Currently, Sandes App is uploaded only on Apple App Store, to download it for Android Mobiles you need to visit the official website.
Please dont download any fake application from the Play Store and signup there.
Download Sandes App for Mobile
- Similar to Whatsapp
- Chat, Call, and Video Call
- Text Formating, Tags, and Emojis
- Official Group Limit – 200 Members
- Non-official Group Limit – 50 Members
- Chatbot for help
- Support: Android, iOS, and Web
If you have any Question Just download the FAQ.PDF and Read More.
How to Sign up With Sandes App?
First of all, make sure you do not go to the Play Store as NIC has to upload the original APK on there. So you can use the Download button given above to download the Sandes App.
Step 1: Download and Install the Sandes App for your Phone.
Step 2: Choose Signup using Mobile Number then select country code and enter your Phone.
Step 3: Now enter the OTP received on your Phone, and get logged in to the Sandes App.
All Done!! Now start Contact Sync and let the app find who is using Sandes Apk just like you so you can chat, call them.
How to Use Sandes Web App on PC?
The Sandes Web App option is only open for Government Officials/employees that have a .gov email address. If you are an Indian Govt employee then you can use this Sandes Web Option.
You can sign in with the same govt ID on the Mobile App and the Web Portal of Sandes/GIMS and use it for messaging.
For those who want to use the Sandes App on PC please follow these steps by using Android Emulator on your PC.
Note: You may use the App on Mobile or on PC using this Android Emulator trick.
Step 1: Download any Android Emulator on your PC Andy Emulator OR Bluestack.
Step 2: Install the Android Emulator on your PC and Setup with your Gmail Account.
Step 3: Now Download the SandesApp in your Emulator from official website.
Step 4: Install the App and follow the same Sign up process using your Mobile Number and OTP.
Congrats, now you can use the SandesApp on your PC for free. But this is not the web version either you can use this same account on Phone or on PC.
If your PC is just for Education purposes I will suggest you install Android Operating System on your PC and you can install any android app on it without using any Android Emulator.
How to Use Sandes App for Non-Indian Numbers?
You can use this app anywhere in the world, make sure you choose the right country code while signing up with Mobile Number.
Then enter the OTP received on your Mobile Number and get started with your Non-Indian Number and chat with your contacts.
Compair Whatsapp vs SandesApp:
There are lots of similarities between Whatsapp and SandesApp as both are instant messaging app. But you will get some extra features in SandesApp.
- For Public Use
- can use Emoji, stickers, and Gif
- No Auto delete Message
- Google Drive Backup option
- Whatsapp Web is open for all
- Group Limit – 250 Members
- Can’t say anything about End-to-end encryption (E2EE)
- Private Company APP
- You can Post Status for 24 hrs
- For Indian Officials and the Public both
- Can use Message Tags, Text formatting, Emojis, Gif, stickers.
- you can use the Auto delete message tag
- Local and Email Chat backup options
- Sandes Web is only for Indian Officials
- Group Limit – 200 for Official group and 50 for Non-official groups
- End-to-end encryption (E2EE)
- Government Own App
- No Status Option in this App
Extra Features in Sandes App than Whatsapp:
Here are some extra features in the sandesApp that you may like, I have tested them and I think they are quite good.
1. Auto Delete Tag: The chat message can be sent with some tags, one of them is Auto Delete. If you send a message with this tag then when the receiver reads that message and leaves the chat, then that message gets automatically deleted.
2. Emojis are different: The Emojis used in SandesApp are not like Whatsapp emojis they look like stickers. I feel weird but maybe in the future, we get that 3D emojis.
3. Group type: There are 2 group types in Sandes App, one is Official and another is Non-official group. This may be categorized for Government Employees and the Public. The Group members Limit also different, 200 Members for the official Group and 50 Members for the non-official group.
4. Message TAG and There are 3 tags you can use while chatting, that is confidential, priority, Auto Delete. These tags help the receiver to know the importance of the message you have sent.
5. Text Formatting: Text formatting like Bold, Italic, Underline, and Colored Text. You can format your message as you want and send it.