We need to take screenshot on PC for some important images from some videos or for something we need to save for later work or while playing games to capture the best moments from the games. So, on your PC you can take screenshots very easily.
To take a screenshot on PC the easiest step is to use the button ‘Print Screen’ given on your Keyboard. Just use this key and get your screenshot ready to use for your work.
Easy steps to Take Screenshot on PC or Mac.
In this article, I will guide you on how to take screenshots on Windows PC and Mac and where the screenshots are saved. There are several ways to capture screenshots on PC as follows: –
- Using Keyboard shortcuts on Windows PC and MAC.
- Using Snipping Tool on Windows PC.
- Using Game bar on Windows PC
1. Use the Print Screen button on your keyboard in Windows: –
- In windows, you can capture a screenshot using the Print Screen button given on your keyboard. On your keyboard, you can see PrtScn written on the key instead of the Print Screen.
- So you just need to press Win + PrtScn, after pressing your screen will be dimmed it means a screenshot is captured and your screenshot will be saved in ThisPC > Pictures > Screenshots
- Another way to capture screenshot is by just pressing PrtScn or press Ctrl+PrtScn button and then you need to open Paint or Microsoft Word or any other image displaying program.
- Now paste your captured screenshot by pressing Ctrl+V, you can then save the image in your required image format wherever you want to save.
2. How to capture Screenshot on your MAC: –
- To capture the screenshot on your MAC, press Cmd + Shift + 3 then you’ll hear a click, and the screenshot thumbnail will appear in the lower right corner of your screen.
- Screenshots are automatically saved as PNG files to your desktop. If you want to save to the clipboard instead, press and hold Control + Cmd + Shift + 3.
3. Use Snipping tool to Take Screenshot on PC: –
- In windows, there is a feature called snipping tool to take a screenshot of whatever you want from your screen.
- In the Snipping tool click on New and then your screen will freeze and then capture the area whichever you want from your screen using your mouse.
- The screenshot will appear in the snipping tool window, then click File and then save the screenshot.
4. Using Game Bar to take Screenshot on PC : –
- You can use the Game bar to snap a screenshot, whether you’re in the middle of playing a game or not. Click the Windows key + G key to call up the Game bar.
- Or you can use shortcut key Windows key + Alt + PrtScn to capture the screenshot. The screenshot will be automatically saved to the This PC > Videos >Captures
These are the simplest ways to take a screenshot on PC which can be used very easily. If these techniques don’t work then you can use various tools like ‘Snip and Sketch’ and many more like this.